Today was partly spent at a nursery in Kearney. I love the atmosphere of a good greenhouse. Awww……heaven. My herb garden will be enlarged a little, Dill and Mint will both join the crowd. I even got some oats for my cat. The lucky little rascal. 🙂 I will be posting pictures as the cat’s homegrown treat progresses. I’m also planting strawberries for the first time as well. So, we’ll see how that goes.
What to Look for at Your Local Greenhouse:
- Workshops. Many Greenhouses/Nurseries offer workshops on everything from cooking herbs, growing veggies, even minature gardens.
- Evaluate the condition of their plants. Look for a wide selections and healthy looking plants.
- Ask about sales. I got Salvia at 3 for $12. But it was for today only. So check on their sale dates.
- It’s all about the people! You want the staff to be helpful. Gardening can be overwhelming. Ask about everything.
- Signs are great! Greenhouses often divide by type. Perrenials will come up every year. Herbs will fall into this category. Annuals have to be replanted every year.